Board of Directors Meeting
Jasper County Emergency Services
January 9th, 2018
Director Wilson called the meeting to order at 12:06 p.m., at the Board office, 13870 Dispatch Lane, Carthage, MO as per public notice. Present in addition to Director Wilson, James Harrison, Dan Stanley Ron Brewer, and Greg Dagnan. Representing staff was OSC Amber Madison and Executive Director April Tarrant-Ford.
No representing public.
Review and Action of Minutes
Open and closed minutes of the Board of Director’s Meeting on December 5th, 2017 were reviewed.
Director Brewer motioned to approve both the open and closed meeting minutes for December 5th 2017. Director Stanley seconded the motion. Vote: 5-0. The motion was adopted.
Public Comment and Correspondence
No public comment
Financial Report and Payment of Bills
The sales tax check for December was received on January 8th 2018 in the amount of $127,970.73. We also received an additional sales tax check on December 14th 2017 in the amount of $38,659.41. We have not received the sales tax check for January. Director Dagnan stated that the reason that we got an “extra” check in December is because the new updated system that DOR put in place did not calculate the correct sales tax totals for everyone. Director Dagnan stated that he believes we will see another check like this in the future until they get the new system corrected.
Total bills submitted for approval today $72,591.41. The checkbook balance after payment of bills will be $9,039.33. Accounts receivable balance is $75.51. (Jasper County Sheriff’s Office-wolf pac.)
The money market account balance is $1,212,260.65.
Director Stanley motioned to approve the Financial Report with Payment of the Bills. Director Brewer seconded the motion. Vote: 5-0. The motion was adopted.
Executive Director Report
See Attached Report
- Executive Director Tarrant-Ford reviewed her report, highlighting that our Mules Audit is being rescheduled.
- Executive Director Tarrant-Ford stated that she is waiting on approval from The Barton County Commissioners Office so that AT&T to release information regarding expenses for their 9-1-1 trunk lines and call volume with database information.
- Executive Director Tarrant-Ford highlighted that we will be losing Patricia, she will be going to Barton County for a Monday-Friday job. She also stated that we will be losing Kelsey Talbert.
- Executive Director Tarrant-Ford stated that the last day for Candidate filing for the April 3rd election is January 16th at 5:00p.m.
- Executive Director Tarrant-Ford stated that there are some 9-1-1 bills that we need to be aware of: Bill HB1243-Gretchen Bangert, Bill HB1456-Jeanie Lauer, and Bill HB1431 –Jerome Barnes- this bill changes the law to give power to 9-1-1 taxing districts over decisions on TIF’S. Executive Director Tarrant-Ford stated that it does not give you the choice to opt out of “current” TIFS. Executive Director Tarrant-Ford stated that Lane Roberts is the only one running for this.
- At the conclusion of Executive Director Tarrant-Ford report Director Dagnan stated that he wanted to add that as of January 2nd 2018 JASCO has been dispatching full time and he has heard nothing but good comments and except for a few minor things everything is going great. The Board and Executive Director Tarrant-Ford were happy to hear this.
Candidate Filing for Election
Executive Director Tarrant-Ford advised that as of right now we will not have to have an election because no one has filed against our candidates.
Barton County 9-1-1 Services
Executive Director Tarrant-Ford advised that she is still gathering information from AT&T so that she can get accurate numbers, and give them an accurate quote for services.
Radio Console Project
Executive Director Tarrant-Ford advised that she has the request for RFI out to Avtec, Zetron, and Motorola. Motorola requested for an extension but Executive Director Tarrant-Ford denied this request due to other companies being ready on the deadline. Executive Director Tarrant-Ford will be comparing the prices and capabilities of all companies, and she will contact customers and ask several questions.
Executive Director Tarrant-Ford went over the surplus list that she had in the packets, she explained the items on the list and explained that she is wanting to sell some items, destroy some items and have a silent bid on the two refrigerators like we did with the file cabinets. Executive Director Tarrant-Ford advised that she would like for the employees to get first pick of the items. Director Dagnan advised that he was fine with this as long as it was not against any of our current policies. Executive Director Tarrant-Ford advised that it is not against our policies.
Director Brewer motioned to approve the surplus items and the silent bid. Director Dagnan seconded the motion. Vote: 5-0. The motion was adopted.
Operations Manager Position
Executive Director Tarrant-Ford advised that the oral boards for the Operations Manager position were split between Becky Bacon and Brandon McClintock. Executive Director Tarrant-Ford stated that Brandon McClintock has been selected for the position. Brandon McClintock will need time off of the console to train with April. Director Harrison added that he felt Brandon was the better choice and that Becky didn’t seem ready for this position.
Executive Director Tarrant-Ford advised that concludes her announcements and report.
Open discussion: The JCESB members discussed high priority calls handled by JASCO. The JCESB and Executive Director Tarrant-Ford discussed the mile marker signs, related to the mile marker sign on the wall in the EOC and Executive Director Tarrant-Ford stated that she learned that JASCO paid for the mile marker signs that are on highway 249 and that is why they have that sign.
12:33 p.m. Director Brewer motioned to adjourn. Director Stanley seconded the motion. Vote: 5-0. The motion was adopted.
The next Board Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 6th, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
On the________day of ______________________2018_
I, Tim Wilson, Vice Chairman, _____________________________________________certify these
Jasper County Emergency Services Board Meeting Minutes for___________________________. They have been reviewed and are accurate.
On the _________day of_____________________2018_
I, Dan Stanley, Director __________________________ attest the Jasper County Emergency Services Board Meeting Minutes for _______________________________. They have been reviewed and are accurate.