Join Jasper County Emergency Services in Missouri as the Executive Director of Emergency Communications!
Jasper County Emergency Services, serving the Jasper County community in Missouri, is searching for a dynamic operational leader with exceptional communication and technical proficiencies to fill the role of Executive Director. We seek an ideal candidate with a wealth of experience and expertise in steering emergency communications operations while leading and nurturing a team of dedicated professionals. As a strategic leader, you will oversee a multimillion-dollar budget, and play a key role in aligning our efforts with the long-term goals and objectives of the organization.
Working with Jasper County Emergency Services means becoming integral to an award-winning team that thrives on community engagement. Our team members are known for their remarkable talents and unwavering commitment to public service. Embraced by the Jasper County community, you’ll enjoy a superb quality of life complemented by excellent medical, retail, and educational facilities. Our region boasts a lower cost of living compared to the national average, fostering strong community support and active involvement.
- $85,000-$110.000 commensurate upon experience and qualifications.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Criminal Justice, or a related field is preferred.
- Clearly related experience in emergency telecommunications is highly desirable.
- Previous fire, law enforcement, and emergency medical experience may be beneficial within an Enhanced 9-1-1 environment.
- The ability to work well with others, without loss of compromise of professional demeanor, especially during periods of high anxiety, is a performance standard.
- A valid driver’s license is required if job-related driving is necessary.
Essential Job Duties and Functions:
- Supervises and leads the JASCO personnel in the effective delivery of emergency communication to ensure top-quality 9-1-1 service to the public and emergency service agencies.
- Ensures the E9-1-1 Center achieves its mission, vision, plans, values, goals, and objectives.
- Serves as liaison to various committees and boards, as directed by the JCESB to assist in the mission of the agency.
- Communicates and cooperates with other local Public Safety Answering Points, PSAP’s to ensure compliance to laws and delivery of a highly committed standard of care and service to our citizens. Works closely with the user emergency services agencies staff members to ensure they are provided with appropriate support systems and responsive quality service.
- Interacts routinely with other personnel in various organizations, such as, but not limited to, emergency services agencies, the college, emergency management, and other local public safety answering points.
- Ensures compliance with all licensing and regulatory agencies governing 9-1-1 services and dispatch services delivery by continually monitoring the operations of JASCO.
- Responsible for overall leadership of staff in the development and implementation of short and long-range plans and policies and other activities.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Master Street Address Guide, along with resolving any citizen issues while working with the Assessor, local addressors, the postal offices within the county, and if necessary, telephone and utility companies to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures ongoing evaluation of quality and adequacy of communications hardware and software.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of office procedure manuals.
- Serves as technical advisor on communication networks (computer-aided dispatching, telephone systems, and records management systems) to the JCESB and emergency service agencies.
- Provide the JCESB with advanced information on significant issues that may arise between Board meetings, particularly those with potential for public disclosure or financial hardship.
- Delegate’s responsibility to subordinates in accordance with their experience and ability to perform.
- Jasper County Emergency Services is an equal-opportunity employer and supports individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will be provided upon request before testing or appointment. Employment is contingent upon proof of United States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in the United States, adhering to the guidelines established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986. Pre-employment drug testing is mandatory.
- All prospective candidates are required to complete the Jasper County Emergency Services online application in its entirety. The candidate profile should encompass an accurate and thorough employment history. While resumes are encouraged, they must be submitted as supplementary documentation alongside the online application.
- Physical Address:
13870 Dispatch Ln Carthage, MO 64836
- Mailing Address:
PO Box 801 Carthage MO 64836
- Phone Numbers:
Support Staff: 417-358-7000
- Email: [email protected]
To apply go online to the Jasco website www.jasco.org/apply-online/